It’s common knowledge that electricity can be very dangerous and it’s not something to play around with. For this reason, it’s always recommended that you hire a professional electrician when you need any electrical work done at home or at your workplace.
Whether you need to rewire your house or business premises, replace a faulty socket or mend a broken electrical line, you should always hire a fully licensed, certified and approved electrical professional. But, getting one is not always easy as most people have come to find out.
Here are a few pointers that can help you settle on the right service provider.
- Inquire on how long the provider has been in business. Generally, the longer a professional has been serving in a specific industry, the more competent and experienced they are. It’s not advisable to hire someone who is just starting out. Also, an experienced electrician is less likely to take you for a ride.
- Ask the provider if they are duly approved and certified by relevant regulatory bodies in the UK like the National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting (NICEIC). NICEIC is an independent regulatory body that registers and certifies professional electrical contractors in London and other parts of the UK.
- Ask for references or reviews from past clients that they have worked for. This is very important, but most individuals tend to forget to do this. Reviews can shed light into the level and quality of services offered by an electrical contractor.
- You can also seek recommendations of reliable electrical contractors from family, friends, neighbours, workmates and other trusted associates.
Range of Electrical Services in London.
Most electrical contractors offer a wide range of services. Here are some of the main services you can expect from a professional London electrician:
– Installation of Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) Systems.
– Technical Audits
– Installation, repair and maintenance of Standby Generators.
– Planned and impromptu electrical maintenance
– NICEIC Inspections & Testing, including periodic & PAT (portable appliance testing)
– Fault Finding & Repair Work
– Outdoor Lighting for Car parks and Gardens
– Intruder Detection Alarm Systems
– Fire Alarm Systems
– Emergency Lighting
– Distribution Transformer
and many others.
It is important to note that some qualified electricians specialise in certain types of electrical work only. You can hire a contractor that is a specialist, if you prefer professionals who have an in-depth knowledge of specific area of electrical work.
Barrass Electrical is one of the leading Electrical Services providers in their field. They are NICEIC registered and fully qualified. Supplying Electrical Services in London, Richmond Upon Thames, and many South West Areas of Surrey, in the UK. If you visit the UK anytime in the future. And find yourself in need of qualified electricians, contacting Barrass Electrical would be a wise choice.